The map below of the new Bayou Point Bike Trail was originally supplied by the Corps of Engineers. The yellow lines are the original trail. The pink lines are added trail and trail features
Below that is a Google map of how to get to the trail location.
At a meeting with the Corps of Engineers in May 2014, Mid-South Trails Association canceled our MOU with USACE to allow North Mississippi Trails Alliance to take over at these trails.
- Take I-55 South
- Take I-69 West exit off I-55
- Take 301 South exit off I-69 and turn left going back south
- Stay straight til it dead ends (approx. 7 miles) (stay straight and cross the highway when you come to the stop sign with the gas station)
- Take left at dead end and stay straight again til it dead ends right at the dam
- Take right at dead end
- You will pass over the spillway and go a mile or two. It will look like you are leaving the park, Bayou Point is on the left about a .25 mile after you "leave" the park, you will see the Bayou Point sign.
- When entering Bayou Point stay straight and take your first left at the playground.
- Trailhead is right next to the bathrooms.
Getting to the Bayou Point Trail
The map below is of the original nature trail loop that is just north of the outlet channel.
Look for the new sign which now sports a cycling icon.
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Arkabutla Reservoir Bike Trails
Bayou Point Latest Trail Features
Bayou Point Trail Facebook page